How to Force 3G (WCDMA only) or 4G (LTE only) Mode on Your Smartphone – Constant switching from 3G to 2G or 4G to 3G or 4G to 2G as the case may be on your smartphone can be very annoying, the fact that you have got a very strong 3G or 4G network in your area but keeps experiencing this automatic switch to 2G is an error which can be fixed by dialing the Force 3G only and Force 4G LTE only codes on your affected android smartphone.
But there is a downside to this fix which is you may not have network coverage if you are in a location where 3G or 4G is not supported.
Read Also: Android 8.0 Oreo Release Date and Complete List Of Supported Smartphones
Force 3G only or 4G LTE only Codes
These two codes below will work the wonders but may not be applicable on all smartphones.
How to Force 3G WCDMDA or 4G Mode on Your Smartphone
Using The First Option (1)
- In your call dialer type in *#*#4636#*#* and you will be see a screen pop-up with a menu like the one below;
- Tap on Phone information note that If your phone supports dual sim, phone information 1 is for sim 1 while phone information 2 is for sim 2.
- Now move down until you see a drop down menu that will enable you to select WCDMA only or LTE only
- Once you do justice to your option then you can go back and you are done.
Using The Second Option
- In your call dilaer type in *#*#2846579#*#* and there will be a screen pop-up with a menu like the one below, select Project Menu.
- Select Network setting and choose Network Mode under network settings
- Select 3G only and you are through.
However if any of above methods used to force 4G LTE connection only or 3G only on android does not work you then consider the third option below.
Check Out: How To Solve Windows 10 PC Cannot Connect With Device Problem
Using the last option (3)
Download the app at Google play store link ( app lets you dial the right code for your phone model and then completes the 3G/4G only data mode) use the link here to download, Install it and complete then follow the on screen commands.
That’s all on How to Force 3G (WCDMA only) or 4G (LTE only) Mode on Your Smartphone stay tunned.