NOTE: The steps below on how to root the phantom 6 Plus has been tested and proven, therefore ensure you follow its strictly for a successful root.
Please refere to this post on How to Root The Tecno Phantom 6
To Root the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus two steps are involved:
1.) Unlocking the Bootloader of the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (A9) – See Here
2.) Flashing the TWRP recovery.img and SuperSU.zip with the procedures bellow
- Tecno Phantom 6 Plus (A9) ported by Team Hovatek download from here
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC See Here
- Now Extract and copy the TWRP recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
- Next is to Unlock the Bootloader of the Tecno Phantom 6 Plus – See Guide
- Download SuperSU 2.76.zip from here
- Copy SuperSU.zip to the phone’s internal storage
- Connect the phone to the PC via USB cord while switched On and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; don’t forget to re-enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging)
- On Fastboot mode, load the TWRP recovery to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- The phone should automatically boot into TWRP recovery mode
- In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap keep read only.
- If asked to root the phone by TWRP, select NO
- In TWRP recovery, tap Install
- Locate the SuperSU2.76.zip location and select it
- Now Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
- Reboot the phone normally
- Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker from here
TeamHovatek For Porting TWRP
Thats all on How To Root Tecno Phantom 6 Plus – Step by Step hope it helps