Today’s article covers step by step guide on how to root the Tecno phantom 6.
Note that these steps on how to root the Tecno Phantom 6 has been tested and proven, therefore ensure you follow its strictly for a successful root.
Great thanks to Team Hovatek, for porting and deporting the rooting guides.
- You May Like: Tecno Phantom 8
How to Root Tecno phantom 6 – Step by Step guide
1. First thing you need is patience in following the steps below
2. A Twrp recovery image today we will use an image Ported by Team Hovatek (Download HERE)
3. A Super SU.zip (Download HERE)
4. After downloading the above files, next is to Unlock the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6
1. If all the requirement as mentioned above are ready. Then copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
2. Next is to Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC See guide HERE
3. When done with step 2 above, Extract and copy the twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
4. Now you need to unlock Tecno Phantom 6 boot loader. follow this steps HERE
5. Next connect your phantom 6 to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
6. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command fastboot boot recovery.img then press Enter to execute command.
7. The device should automatically enter TWRP recovery mode
In TWRP, you may get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, ensure to tap (KEEP READ ONLY)
And if TWRP offers to root the phone, ensure to select NO
8. In TWRP recovery, tap Install
9. Navigate to the location of the SuperSU2.76.zip and select it
10. Now Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete
Reboot the phone normally.
If you have completed the above steps, you need to check if you phone has been successfully rooted by installing root checker.