- Hi guys, bellow is a step by step guide on how to root the Tecno phantom 6, we have made it easy for you, all you need is comprehend and follow the steps for a successful root.
NOTE: The steps below on how to root the phantom 6 has been tested and proven, therefore ensure you follow its strictly for a successful root.
All thanks to Team Hovatek, for porting and deporting the rooting guides.
How to Root Tecno phantom 6 – Step by Step guide
1. You will need absolute patience in following the steps below
2. A Twrp recovery image today we will use an image Ported by Team Hovatek (Download HERE)
3. A Super SU.zip (Download HERE)
4. After downloading the above files, next is to Unlock the boot-loader of Tecno Phantom 6
How Can I Root Tecno Phantom 6?
1. Now copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
2. Next is to Setup ADB and Fastboot on the PC See guide HERE
3. When done with step 2 above, Extract and copy the twrp recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
4. Then unlock Tecno Phantom 6 boot loader by following the steps HERE
5. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide; remember to enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging)
6. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command fastboot boot recovery.img then press Enter to execute command.