I bet you must have asked your self, is it possible to recover data from a damaged, corrupt,locked Micro Sd card without actually formating it? Well, its your lucky day because the answer is YES! its very possible and also easy! Don’t try to format the drive yet.
Some of the reasons why data or files in a memory card or external storage drive sometimes gets corrupted, damaged,inaccessible/not detected might be because it was abnormally removed during usage, dropped, formated or partitioned wrongly, virus infections, and a whole lot more.
A friend was playing songs on her Nokia C3, the battery was very low and suddenly it went off. After charging it, she couldnt find the memory card in the gallery and all her stuffs disappeared. Connecting the SDcard to a PC didn’t help because it asked to format it(Sd card) and sometimes the formating will fail.
Read also : How To Prevent Your Charger/Headphones From Bending Too Much And Breaking
I have been in that dreadful shoe before. My 16GB SDHC memory card got completely damaged. My phone was showing damaged sdcard, please format. When I tried to format it using the phone, it would show formating failed.
I even tried accessing and formatting the memory card using other android devices and even symbian, china and lumia phones but to no avail.
Thinking the PC will solve it, I connected it to the Pc via a USB card reader, but immediately my computer said the disk can’t be used unless its formated. I was like
What! What about my personal files, music, photos, videos and other datas on the memory card?
Then the solution came up because I couldn’t afford to loose the contents on the memory card. I guess you wouldn’t want to do the same.
Now if you have a memory card that is damaged, doesn’t show up or get recognised in your phone, requesting for formating before it can be used, locked, hidden contents, showing errors, corrupted files and you wouldn’t want to loose them by formating the memory card, please read on.
Read : How to reduce data usage on your tecno android smartphone
HOW TO RECOVER DATA FROM A DAMAGED, LOCKED OR CORRUPTED MEMORY CARD WITHOUT FORMATING.
The software called Remo Recover will do a good job by helping you recover all of your files from a bad memory card without formating it.
- Download Remo Recover v126.96.36.199 Full Premium version
- Unpack and save the folder on your PC.
- To install, open the Remo Recover v188.8.131.52folder and read the instructions in thereadme.txt file
- After installation, launch Remo Recover v184.108.40.206
- Now either click on the Basic Edition, Media Edition or Pro Edition depending on what you need. All the same, you will still recover the files/data in your memory or storage drive. I used Pro edition for this tutorial.
- After clicking the Edition you want, select the Option that suits you in the next page.
- The drives on your Pc and other external drives will be displayed. Select the one that has the issue and click on the arrow button at the bottom right.
- Remo Recover will start searching for lost partitions in your drive(memory card or hard disk, flashdrive etc)
- After a while it will display a list of the drives or partitions it found.
- Select the one that matches yours and then click the forward arrow at the bottom right ➡
- Select OK on the prompt that says perform an additional scan for specific file types.
- Manually select the file types you wish to recover or select Mark All to recover everything on the corrupted memory card. Click the forward arrow ➡ to proceed.
- It will take a while to search all the music, photos and videos plus other files depending on the size.
- After finding the lost data, click OK on the prompt that displays.
Files recovered are in the folder icon while additional files are in the other folder icon with a red X.
- Manually select the files you wish to save or select Mark All if you want to save every thing from the bad memory card.
- Click Yes on the Save recovery session prompt.
- Now click on the output folder and select any folder or create a new folder where you want the recovered files to be saved. Click Ok.
- The recovery process will begin and will take a while depending on the size of the recovered files. Please donot interrupt it.
- After the media files and other data have been saved, just goto the folder you selected and you will see all of your files gladly waiting for you.